Tows Available at Ephrata Starting Labor Day Weekend

Dave Reusch

Aug 17, 2022, 8:28:00 PM8/17/22
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com, jasm...@gmail.com, Jack Cullen, Jim Dobb, Rita Edris, Florin Botezatu, Martin Gibbins, bryan Hennessy, Douglas Hornal, Mahlon Hull, 2bat...@gmail.com, chris...@gmail.com, David Lindberg, Charles Longley, Tony and Pam Puglisi, Ryousuke37, Drew safronoff, Terence Smith, James Swank, tim tanner, mi...@thompsonfoundry.com, Tory Tolton, Henry Rebbeck, Noel Wade
Dear Fellow Purist Glider Pilots ,

The SGC Pawnee has been repaired and will be operating Labor Day Weekend and, if demand warrants, the following two weekends.

Please sign up to indicate your interest: 10c0c4ea9ac2ca3fece9-sgcschedule
You may need to log in to the SGC website to access this. Should the link not function you can find the signup under SGC:   Events + 2022 Ephrata Operations

Of course also most welcome are any motor glider pilots who find their prop’s, engines, batteries, or fuel systems temporarily ill disposed.

Noel Wade

Aug 18, 2022, 10:18:07 AM8/18/22
to Dave Reusch, sgc_...@googlegroups.com, jasm...@gmail.com, Jack Cullen, Jim Dobb, Rita Edris, Florin Botezatu, Martin Gibbins, bryan Hennessy, Douglas Hornal, Mahlon Hull, 2bat...@gmail.com, chris...@gmail.com, David Lindberg, Charles Longley, Tony and Pam Puglisi, Ryousuke37, Drew safronoff, Terence Smith, James Swank, tim tanner, mi...@thompsonfoundry.com, Tory Tolton, Henry Rebbeck
Thanks, Dave!

I've signed up and will be bringing out the mighty DuoDiscus, for her first few flights in the PNW. :-)

Hope to see folks there!

--Noel

Noel Wade

Aug 18, 2022, 3:12:11 PM8/18/22
to M Hull, Dave Reusch, sgc_...@googlegroups.com, jasm...@gmail.com, Jack Cullen, Jim Dobb, Rita Edris, Florin Botezatu, Martin Gibbins, bryan Hennessy, Douglas Hornal, 2bat...@gmail.com, chris...@gmail.com, David Lindberg, Charles Longley, Tony and Pam Puglisi, Ryousuke37, Drew safronoff, Terence Smith, James Swank, tim tanner, mi...@thompsonfoundry.com, Tory Tolton, Henry Rebbeck, Dan Holden
Thanks, Mahlon!

FWIW, I'd love to fly the Duo a few weekends in September so let's see if we can get 5+ for more than one weekend. :-)

Dan - Welcome! If you have a chance to come out to Ephrata, we'd love to have you! I help put on cross-country mentorship events and assist people in getting comfortable flying at Ephrata (and throughout WA state). In fact, that's the reason I recently sold my racing sailplane and bought a DuoDiscus - I am so serious about mentoring pilots and getting more folks flying cross-country that I "put my money where my mouth is". So if there's anything I can do to help you soar more and reach your goals, please don't hesitate to reach out!

--Noel
425-749-0515 (cell, text is best)

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 8:01 AM M Hull <mbhu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Dave - all,

Adding a new pilot to this list - Dan Holden.  Dan has a significant amount of flying experience (has a Pitts and has completed Acro School in Ephrata) and went to Williams this summer and added gliding to his ticket.  He is already a Tow Pilot and brings that qualification to the table too.  He's applied to join Evergreen and has already joined SGC.  He purchased a decked out Libelle 201 from someone at Williams a month back and has already flown it down there multiple times.  I had a chance to fly with him in the Grob last weekend at KAWO and we had a great hour long flight - working it from 1500' (headed to downwind and of course the best thermal we had popped up) back up to 2700' in very light/spotty lift.

He has a Phd in Experimental Physics and worked as a researcher in Atmospheric Electrics mostly in New Mexico for the US (now retired).  He won't tell you that (his friend at Skagit told me), so, you know a little more about his background.  He is also the president of our hangar association at Skagit:-)

He's expressed interest in flying at Ephrata in September with us so I thought to add him here for the latest info on the effort.

Hoping we can get 5+ for the 3 weeks proposed!!  I'll bring my 1-26, but, not for one weekend - to much handling etc...

Thanks,

Mahlon