Register Now for the 2023 Dust Up!

Noel Wade

Mar 23, 2023, 2:18:33 PM3/23/23
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com, KAWO_Soaring
Registration is now open for the 2023 Dust Up in Ephrata!
-----
The annual Ephrata Dust-Up event will be held on the Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, 2023. Come and enjoy the special soaring that Ephrata offers, along with the excellent facilities!

This year we will again emphasize cross country training for the soaring pilot who wants to stretch their legs and move out of "just hanging" around the airport. It is suggested that you complete the SSA Bronze Badge at your local club before coming to this event if you have never flown XC before. There will be several online sessions along with suggested videos, to get you introduced to XC topics.

For pilots that want to get an introduction to racing, we will have a daily meeting to discuss tasks and strategies. We will have a daily task and scoring based on the SSA handicapping index. There will be YouTube videos, and online meetings prior to the event to help you get a "Racing" start.

We have a limited number of dual cross-country flights available to aspiring XC pilots. Your club can help make more available - please let the event organizer know if your club is bringing a cross-country-capable two-place glider!
-----

NOTE: For insurance purposes, you must be a member of the Seattle Glider Council in order to fly at Ephrata.

Please pass this along to the members of your local club, and don't be shy about contacting the organizer, Mike Bamberg, or myself if you have questions!

--Noel & The SGC Board