A&Ps for Glider Inspection

Noel Wade

Aug 24, 2022, 3:19:37 PM8/24/22
to KAWO_Soaring, sgc_...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

With some A&P retirements and shop closings over the last 1-2 years, I'm not sure who people are currently using for glider inspections. Anyone have suggestions/recommendations for a Seattle / Arlington A&P that could do a thorough glider condition inspection?

Thanks!

--Noel
P.S. If you're wondering why I'm asking in late summer, its because I've sold my ASG-29 and the buyer would like a fresh annual before they pick up the ship in mid-September.

Craig Reinholt

Aug 25, 2022, 10:42:39 AM8/25/22
to SGC_News
Noel,
DLB and Martin Grant have been working with a local A&P (Steelman) at Montague to annual their gliders. Martin has done a great deal to help educate Steelman on what to look for, supplying appropriate annual checklists, and then actually assisting during the conditional inspection. Steelman is now up to speed after a couple of years.
Perhaps someone with a strong aviation inspection background like Martin could work with a local Arlington A&P for similar results?
Craig

LBC

Aug 25, 2022, 11:08:21 AM8/25/22
to SGC_News
Noel, at Auburn Airport,  Normandy Aircraft is a great shop specializing in pretty much everything GA including antique and light sport (composite structures etc).  253-249-7344, Owner is Logan Shepard , he also has several A&P’s working with him.
His shop is mid field near the fuel pumps. I have seen glider trailers parked on his apron a few times over the years.

Lynn Wyman

Aug 25, 2022, 11:32:11 AM8/25/22
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com
Noel, We have been getting our yearly inspection on the Mini LAK here at the Chehalis-Centralia airport by Central Aviation Repair. Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 25, 2022, at 8:08 AM, LBC <chism...@gmail.com> wrote:

Noel, at Auburn Airport,  Normandy Aircraft is a great shop specializing in pretty much everything GA including antique and light sport (composite structures etc).  253-249-7344, Owner is Logan Shepard , he also has several A&P’s working with him.

Lynn Wyman

Aug 26, 2022, 9:38:17 PM8/26/22
to 'Lynn Wyman' via SGC_News
You can use our hangar if it needs to be together. Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 25, 2022, at 8:32 AM, 'Lynn Wyman' via SGC_News <sgc_...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Noel, We have been getting our yearly inspection on the Mini LAK here at the Chehalis-Centralia airport by Central Aviation Repair. Lynn

Lynn Wyman

Aug 26, 2022, 9:40:03 PM8/26/22
to 'Lynn Wyman' via SGC_News
And out of the weather. Lynn