Take two minutes to support housing!

Leora Tanjuatco Ross

May 15, 2024, 1:07:32 PMMay 15
to sfbaren...@googlegroups.com
AB 2560 (Alvarez) will help ensure that State Density Bonus Law applies in the Coastal Zone as it does in the rest of the state without the current arbitrary and uncertain approval and appeals process. Will you call to help make sure it passes?
Support the YIMBY Act

Hi L.,

If passed, AB 2560 will make it easier to build affordable housing in coastal California. Will you help make sure it passes the California State Assembly? All you have to do is call your Assembly Member’s office in Sacramento and tell them you live in their district and that you support AB 2560. There’s even a sample script below that you can use!

Why now? Tomorrow, May 16th, the California State Assembly will convene to discuss AB 2560. This bill will help ensure a key law that enables affordable housing across the state (called state density bonus law) applies in places close to the beach. Without this bill, state density bonus law will continue to not apply in the Coastal Zone as it does in the rest of the state. It will continue to face the unnecessary and long approval and appeals process which often delays or derails mixed-income housing.

State density bonus law has been in place for decades, making sure affordable and mixed-income housing is feasible even in the highest-cost areas of our state. The law allows more people to live in places close to the coast in California without endangering coastal resources and the surrounding environment.

Will you help make sure the AB 2560 passes? Take two minutes to call your Assemblymember and ask them to say yes to AB 2560 on the Assembly floor!

Look up your Assemblymember here, and call their Capitol Office (starts with the 916 area code). Feel free to use the sample script below!

Sample script:

Hi my name is [Your Name] and I live in [City, State]. I’m calling to urge [Assemblymember] to support AB 2560 on the Assembly floor when it comes up for a vote. This key bill will help ensure that State Density Bonus Law applies in the Coastal Zone as it does in the rest of the state,  unlocking thousands of new affordable homes. It is key to making sure we build enough homes for everyone. Please support  AB 2560, authored by Assemblymember Alvarez. Thank you.

Thank you,

Leora Tanjuatco Ross
California Organizing Director
YIMBY Action

YOUR YIMBY ACTION MEMBERSHIP

MEMBERSHIP STATUS

None

DONOR LEVEL

None

VOLUNTEER LEVEL

None

LOCATION

SF, CA 94114

Add/update location

MOBILE ALERTS

Keeping this information up to date powers our activism! Need help with your membership? Email he...@yimbyaction.org.

Image

YIMBY Action is a network of pro-housing activists fighting for more inclusive housing policies and a future of abundant housing.

Sent via ActionNetwork.org. To update your email address, change your name or address, or to stop receiving emails from YIMBY Action, please click here.

Starchild

May 15, 2024, 1:16:23 PMMay 15
to he...@yimbyaction.org, SF Bay Area Renters Federation
By “affordable housing” in this case, does YIMBY Action mean low-cost housing, or government-subsidized housing? How about including a link to the summary and text of AB 2560?

Low-cost housing is badly needed, but more government spending (meaning more debt, higher taxes, and reduction in individual and family budgets) and interference in the housing market is not.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))