Reminder: 1/23 Annual Meet & Greet Potluck Brunch!

Slow Food Spokane River Hall

Jan 19, 2011, 1:51:09 PM1/19/11
to sf-spokaneriverinfo, SF-Spokan...@googlegroups.com

Hello Food Friends!

Each new year Slow Food Spokane River gathers with friends to celebrate food that is "good, clean & fair."

Please join us at Taste Cafe for this year's,

Annual Slow Food Spokane River
Meet & Greet Potluck Brunch!
Sunday, January 23rd
10am - 12pm
   180 South Howard (2nd & Howard)

Bring a dish to share and we promise you'll walk away full of good food, good ideas and good friends.

We'll do a brief introduction of the non-profit work of Slow Food USA and what we do locally to make it real.

Kate Burke & Hannah Heber will do a short presentation about their week at Quillisascut Farm School the summer of 2010. Kate was the recipient of our annual scholarship to the farm's special "Slow Food Young Adult" session.

Several local farmers will be there too!
- p.e.a.c.h. Community Farm & Rocky Ridge Ranch will be there with information about their CSAs and pre-selling for              the 2011 season. There will be flyers for Green Wave Gardens CSA too!
- Lazy R Ranch will be taking reservations for beef shares available summer 2011

Our group will share ideas we have for 2011 events and take suggestions.
We're also inviting people to let us know if they are interested in playing a larger role, and becoming part of the local planning team that meets about once a month - good to keep it fresh with new ideas and new people!

   Thank you to Taste Cafe for hosting this year!
   See you there and spread the word...

Before you get there...
A great survey to help our area farmers, developed by one of our local SF members and farmers' market managers, Angela Pizelo... let our farmers know what you're looking to buy this coming season! Deadline 1/31/11. Easy & Fun!

Think Fast, Eat Slow!
Slow Food Spokane River