Area Events & Food Updates

Slow Food Spokane River Hall

Nov 4, 2010, 6:30:02 PM11/4/10
to SF-Spokan...@googlegroups.com, sf-spokaneriverinfo
Indoor Winter Farmers' Markets
Cold weather doesn't mean the end of good local food options.
Locations and other details here...

Wednesday, November 10th is Local Food Day

One World Cafe will feature an all local menu for lunch and cooking classes in the evening.

1804 E Sprague Ave
Spokane, WA 99202
(509) 270-1608

Come out and support your local growers and your local economy. Learn how to

create dishes with variations on a simple tomato sauce by Chef Andrew.

Quick, easy, creative, delicious

Spokane County Residents for Backyard Chickens!
Unfortunately the County does not have an ordinance supporting residential chicken coops, and one person recently became a sad example of this. Help the County design and adopt a coop code!

What:            Community meeting to discuss current zoning laws
                        Draft new zoning language to allow for backyard chickens in Spokane County

When:           Thursday, November 17th, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Where:         Fresh Abundance Store, 2015 N. Division St., Spokane WA 99207

Questions:   Please contact Lorraine Parlange @ lpar...@hotmail.com

Coalition documents Obama’s ghoulish salmon plan

Calling it devoid of science and law, salmon and fishing advocates say biological opinion is a bad ‘trick’ on the people of the Northwest

Help Ocean Health & Sip Some Wine!

Iron Horse Vineyards is partnering with National Geographic to help restore the ocean to health. For every bottle of I Am the Ocean sparkling wine you purchase, Iron Horse will donate $4 towards establishing marine protected areas and reduce overfishing around the world. A wonderful gift for the holiday season - to a friend and to the ocean!

Extras in the Kitchen & Garden Areas of Your House?
Our annual 2nd Chance Kitchen & Garden Sale will be Spring 2011.
Please put extra gently used kitchen and garden items aside and email us when you have a box of goodies we can store.

And finally, in case we don't talk again beforehand,
We wish you the very best times and tastes this Thanksgiving!
As you might expect, it's one of our favorite holidays!
Learn about the benefits of the heritage turkeys making a comeback in this country - article.