[Bike to the Future] March Monthly Meeting, Grant Writer wanted

Bike to the Future

Mar 8, 2010, 1:47:26 AM3/8/10
to Bike to the Future announcements
Hello Bike to the Future members and supporters. This newsletter contains the following items:

1. Minutes from our February Monthly Meeting
2. Our next Monthly Meeting is on Tuesday March 9th
3. City of Winnipeg's 2010 Operating Budget -- Standing Policy Committee of Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works meeting on Tuesday March 9th at 9:00 AM
4. Wanted: a Grant Writer
5. STOP as YIELD (Idaho Stop Law)
6. $20million of active transportation infrastructure will be built in Winnipeg in 2010

Kevin Miller
Bike to the Future, Co-Chair
http://biketothefuture.org
_____________________________

Minutes from our February Monthly Meeting

The February Monthly Meeting minutes are posted at http://biketothefuture.org/about/meetings.
____________________________

Our next Monthly Meeting is on Tuesday March 9th

Bike to the Future meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 at the Eco-Centre (3rd floor, 303 Portage Ave & Donald St).

Anyone is welcome to attend.

A tentative agenda for the March Monthly Meeting has been posted at http://biketothefuture.org/events/archives/2010/02/10/march-monthly-meeting.
____________________________

City of Winnipeg's 2010 Operating Budget -- Standing Policy Committee of Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works meeting on Tuesday March 9th at 9:00 AM

Two motions will be presented, debated, and voted on:
  • to include snow clearing of all park paths city wide in 2010 operating budget ($500,000), and
  • to eliminate the funding deficit that now exists in sidewalk maintenance ($1.5 million) city wide.
(In other words, the City is building new active transportation infrastructure, but it isn't even maintaining sidewalks, so how how is going to maintain the new infrastructure?)

Bike to the Future, the Winnipeg Trails Association, and other organizations are supporting these motions. It will also help if individuals support them.

Complete info (including the motions and the agenda of the meeting).
_____________________________

Wanted: a Grant Writer

Bike to the Future is looking to contract with a Grant Writer ASAP.

We've developed a contract that describes all aspects of the position: BttF Grant Contract

Please contact us if you are interested.
_____________________________

STOP as YIELD (Idaho Stop Law)

The City released its report last week.

Background and details (including the report).

$20million of active transportation infrastructure will be built in Winnipeg in 2010

Public Consultations and Open Houses continue. Please see Upcoming Events on our website.

Background info.

Our website at
http://biketothefuture.org is updated often.