SDCH middleware for nodejs

Alexey Baranov

Sep 25, 2014, 5:42:43 PM9/25/14
to SD...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
while working on https://codereview.chromium.org/423813002/ I decided to write some server to to more flexible testing.
Eventually it evolved into more or less complete middleware for nodejs.
I'm not much of a javascript/node programmer, so it may look a little bit ugly:) I'll happily receive any critics, comments, suggestions or pull-requests:)

https://github.com/baranov1ch/node-vcdiff is a simple wrapper for openvcdiff, trying to mimic nodejs zlib API.
https://github.com/baranov1ch/node-sdch adds SDCH stuff to Vcdiff. Parsing dictionaries, dictionary validations functions, SDCH-encoding/decoding and so on.
https://github.com/baranov1ch/connect-sdch is nodejs-connect middleware which can serve dictionaries, SDCH-encode responses and do other different server-side stuff:)

Still, part (dictionary generation) of the SDCH framework is missing, but you can use https://github.com/gtoubassi/femtozip to create dictionaries. But it works quite slowly( I'm thinking on a better approach.

Although its not quite production-level solution (nginx module will be more suitable for that:)), I hope the community may find all this useful to do some testing and try SDCH.

Sreekumar Prathap

Sep 25, 2014, 6:36:19 PM9/25/14
to SD...@googlegroups.com
I am going to try this one.