Announcement for recruiting support

Jacob Helfman

May 25, 2023, 10:40:08 PM5/25/23
to Society for Conservation GIS - San Diego Chapter
Hi everyone,

The San Diego Chapter of SCGIS has been officially started and we are actively recruiting support. This chapter will bring together geospatial and conservation professionals from around the San Diego region for social gatherings and knowledge sharing. We would like to tap into existing environmental and GIS networks/communities in the San Diego region to grow our chapter. Our mission is to form a strong and informed community of people that are passionate about conservation and geospatial technology. As you probably already know, San Diego is a known biodiversity hotspot, containing greater diversity of life than any other county in the continental United States. According to the Earth Discovery Institute, it is also home to the greatest number of plant and animal species threatened with extinction anywhere in the country.

I would greatly appreciate any help in supporting this new Chapter - especially from people who are familiar with SCGIS.

Thank you,
Jacob