Thank You for Attending the First Meeting!

Society for Conservation GIS - San Diego Chapter

Nov 7, 2023, 2:26:18 PM11/7/23
to Society for Conservation GIS - San Diego Chapter
Hi all,

Thank you everyone for showing up to the first meeting of the San Diego Chapter of the Society of Conservation GIS at Mission Trails Regional Park on Saturday, October 28th! We had a great time meeting all of you while learning about the conservation of natural resources at the park and Kumeyaay practices from the trail guides.
We want to reiterate that this is your chapter and we encourage you to reach out to us if you have any ideas of what you’d like to do!

As we mentioned at the meeting, if there is enough interest, we will pursue a chapter GIS project to further conservation in the region. We will arrange a time outside of the chapter meetings to meet virtually to work on a project and will provide updates at chapter meetings. If you are interested in participating, please respond to this email.

Our next chapter meeting will be in March and we plan on sending a questionnaire about it ahead of time!

Also, attached is the group photo from the first meeting. Please let us know if there are any objections to posting the photo on the web.

Thank you,
Lesley Handa and Jacob Helfman, SCGIS-SD Organizers

image2.jpeg