Vic Big K week

Pebo Blank

Nov 10, 2022, 6:34:19 AM11/10/22
to SAHG
Hi all,

The annual Big K week (early Dec?) will not be in Birchip this year, but will probably be somewhere drier.  Hughbert A has just posted on the Birchip FTTF group on FB:-  "I'm proposing that we still have Big K, but somewhere else. Perhaps down the coast, Bright, Portland, Corryong, road trip to Stanwell, or perhaps from Buangor and use the western sites.
Do you have a preference. I've got holidays then so I'm keen to fly..... somewhere or everywhere and I'm happy to travel."  (No decision yet on where..)

Ciao,

Pebo

Pebo Blank

Nov 25, 2022, 7:31:27 AM11/25/22
to SAHG
Despite previous advice, it sounds like quite a few Vic HG pilots are going to have a go at Towing from Birchip from this weekend.  Hughbert A has just posted on the Birchip FTTF FB group: " Just spoke to the landowner, he's harvesting. He said to use the paddock up the WarneRd, i.e East of the comp paddock (Rogers) named Landers. He said that there is a bit of water in the gilgais, ( the depressions in the paddock).

Pebo Blank

Nov 30, 2022, 1:58:57 AM11/30/22
to SAHG
Here's a report from Hughbert A that he & other Vics flew XC from Birchip today - includes a video showing the part-flooded land.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/107007066001157/permalink/5675800252455116/