Tunk Fly-in/ BBQ weekend

Pebo Blank

Feb 15, 2024, 11:33:40 PMFeb 15
to SAHG
Hi all members,

The annual Tunk BQ/ fly-in/ camp over will be on the weekend of 24-25 Feb.  As usual, the BBQ on Sat eve will be BYO food & drinks etc.  SAHPGA will provide the hot plate & some oil.   Committee members have agreed to loan 2 tables & lights for the BBQ itself.  Everything else (e.g. chairs, platess cutlery, BBQ tools etc) is up to members to bring.
SAHPGA will provide a basic bush toilet as before.
Please bring bin liners etc to enable you to take away all rubbish at the end of the weekend.

We would also appreciate it if members could bring gear to dig out weeds - e.g mattocks & gloves & bin liners to take them away - as there is an infestation of "apple of sodom" on our block - & now "salvation jane" in the bottom paddock.
 Please watch this channel for any updates between now & then re fire risk etc.  If this forecast is correct, we should be OK - & it may even be flyable both days!?!  https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/@2078372/ext

Please note that there will be HG, PG & PPG pilots present on the weekend.  If conditions permit, we will have flying in "mixed operations".  Please respect the guidance of the Duty Pilot for each day - which will probably be Neil Hollingsworth (HG SSO).  Best also to monitor the HGFA UHF (open) radio channel.

We look forward to seeing you at our (only) combined flying social event..

Ciao,
Pebo
SAHPGA Pres.