ABOUT DAMN TIME!

~Psychotic~

Aug 17, 2008, 1:18:10 AM8/17/08
to Runescape World
This is the BEST FRIGGIN UPDATE SINCE THE DECLINE OF THE WILDERNESS.
THE DAMN BEST.

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1370

World PvP FOR THE GODDAMN F-ING WIN. As you can see, I'm bloody happy.
I'm used to World PvP because my main is on a PvP realm on World of
Warcraft. On this you can kill in pretty much 99% of places, as Jagex
states - hopefully Lumbridge and other major cities like Varrock,
Falador and Ardougne aren't able to be killed in, in fact possibly
every "capital" and starting areas (much like WoW which has contested
areas which you end up going to at around level 20+).

1. "Optional sign-up – choose between PvP danger or stick to ordinary
play by simply switching worlds." - This is awesome, unlike WoW where
you'd have to pay $25 USD to switch realms to a PvP one, this means
you can train on one server and PvP on another.

2. "High danger with items dropped on death." - This is pretty
straight forward. This would be "the catch" but everyone should be
used to that if you played the old Wildy or if you go into BH.

3. "High rewards for kills. To avoid any RWT issues the reward for a
successful PK will be generated by the game, similar to when you kill
a monster at the moment. We're creating generous drop tables based on
factors like your levels and the impressiveness of the kill." - I'm
still thinking on this one. We'll have to wait and see how "generous"
these drop tables really are.

4. "# These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like
XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but
hard hitting gear. These will once again make PKing a viable source of
income.
# PvP across 99% of the world, including the old Wilderness." - Gotta
love this one. I'm already used to PvP oriented gear (me playing WoW
and all lol) so this is no surprise to me, tbh.

5. "Attack any player within a certain level of your own. Level range
depends on the area, similar to the old Wilderness levels." - this
will solve a lot of issues that World of Warcraft has with
"ganking" (read note on what this is below).

* GANKING - Ganking, as far as I know, because nobody generally tells
you. Is when you kill someone that is of 10 or more levels BELOW your
current level. World of Warcraft works in different states of
difficulty (in terms of killing monsters/players), as does RS. The
current colours that can show for a player or monsters name on WoW
are:

Gray - Means they won't give experience or honor when killed (Honor is
used for certain items). Anyone who is 10 or more levels below you has
their name in gray for you.
Green - You'll get EXP but not much and the person is easy to kill
(still has a chance to kick your ass though, lol). Anyone who about 5
levels below you has their name in green for you.
Yellow - Moderately hard to kill (around your level) and earns decent
EXP. These people are generally either one or two levels below you or
higher than you.
Orange - Anyone 5 levels higher than you. Harder to kill and earns OK
EXP (WoW works on a basis that you get more EXP if they're around your
level).
Skull - Anyone who is skulled (has a skull where their level should
be) is 10 or more levels higher than you. If you're at level 70, the
current cap, and someone is skulled (no one should be, would be an
NPC) then they're about level 73 (only for NPCs though).

To gank someone is to kill someone whose name shows in gray for you.
You won't earn jack shit for it, and I don't see why people do it.
It's not much of an accomplishment so why the hell would you brag?
"HAHA I JUST OWNED A LEVEL 10 WITH MY LEVEL 70!!!" - not cool, infact,
it's damn gay. SO WHY DO IT.
Message has been deleted

thomasgholmes

Aug 20, 2008, 1:28:01 PM8/20/08
to Runescape World
Josh, you sure are happy XD

On Aug 18, 12:29 am, "Lord Vader:: Official flamer of morons"
<timediscontinu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'cus it's funny

Joshua Smellie

Aug 20, 2008, 9:11:26 PM8/20/08
to Runesca...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I am lol. It's an incentive for me to play RS again lol. Though I probably won't play it often I still like the update never the less, lol.

thomasgholmes

Aug 21, 2008, 4:10:46 AM8/21/08
to Runescape World
Trade limits is the worst update for me.
It stopped me ripping of people :(

Joshua Smellie

Aug 21, 2008, 8:05:27 AM8/21/08
to Runesca...@googlegroups.com
Rofl, stopped you ripping off people? Good thing for me then, lol. Honestly, some of the "scams" and the like were just plain common sence. I hate RuneScape now because it's all safe and we NEVER got that. Also, with this new update can they PLEASE remove the Ditch of Stupidity? It's kinda useless now...

Ali Setareh

Aug 21, 2008, 5:41:32 PM8/21/08
to Runesca...@googlegroups.com
is it just for mems?

--
Ali Setareh

Joshua Smellie

Aug 21, 2008, 9:22:11 PM8/21/08
to Runesca...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so, they didn't say it was Members only but I'm pretty sure even if it's for F2P as well some of the PvP gear will be Members only (fair enough though, they do it with everything anyway, lol). I really do hope it's for F2P too though.