Discussion on who-are-those-level-3-gatherers

Madow

Sep 21, 2008, 9:09:28 AM9/21/08
to Runescape World
Even if RWT did pose a huge threat (Which I hardly doubt) to their
game, if Jagex lived with it, I reckon RuneScape would be even better
then it was before with all the current ongoing updates. Jagex were
honestly too blind to see that PKing/Dueling were the two key points
of their game.
Then again, all companies are about profit these days. It's a big let
down.

Joshua Smellie

Sep 21, 2008, 11:00:55 AM9/21/08
to Runesca...@googlegroups.com
[Sorry for the wall of text guys]

I seriously believe Jagex have screwed over the game far too much with the Grand Exchange and their iron fist controlling the games economy, which is one of the reasons (aside from moving to World of Warcraft) why I no longer play RuneScape (one other reason was it got boring far too quickly, yes WoW does too but nowhere near as fast).

Game developers of MMO's have yet to understand that they've dug their grave to deep now, if they wanted their game to be gold farmer and power-leveler free, they should have implemented these techniques years ago, years prior to the release of their game. Making these updates is too much of a change for the old-time fans and gold farmers ARE the economy of many of these games.

For World of Warcraft, I believe that without gold farmers the economy with the game's Auction House and just in general (the Auction House, aka the AH is like the Grand Exchange but you put your own starting bids and buyout prices and it costs to list items and it also costs a success fee if it sells, you can also bid on items or buy them out immediately, like a real Auction site) would crash massively.

It happened incredibly quickly with RuneScape and while people say they do not see the difference, I did. I noticed it when Jagex controlled the prices, they control them apparently, according to the items demand but it doesn't matter, in the end they still control it. You can't make your own prices, you can't undercut someone or put a niche in the market, it's too unpredictable so you can't really control the GE like you can the AH on WoW. It's just pathetic.

Without gold farmers, power-levelers and autoers and all that jazz, massively multiplayer online games will just never be the same. Like I said, if they had sorted the problem in the beginning they wouldn't have such a problem now. It's not the players fault the developers were too blind to see those design flaws, so why do all the honest players have to suffer for it?

thomasgholmes

Oct 21, 2008, 1:03:58 PM10/21/08
to Runescape World
Sorry for of-topic.
Josh you play wow?
Same, perhaps I could meet up with you in game.
Anyway:

I totatly agree with everything you`ve said, in no way where gold
farmers actually damaging Jagex`s income. So what were they so woried
about?
AH rules over the GE, Excatly. Would ebay say, sorry you can`t sell
that item that cheap. no.

Joshua Smellie

Oct 22, 2008, 7:33:54 AM10/22/08
to Runesca...@googlegroups.com
Off-topic: Add me on MSN, jksm...@live.com is the address (anyone else can to lol). I play on Steamwheedle Cartel under the names Zanarix and sometimes Zyrtventh (Paladin and Warlock, respectively, SWC is an RP realm).