Exclude similar loci

Lara

Apr 6, 2022, 9:57:00 PM4/6/22
to R/qtl discussion
Hi Dr. Broman and the R/QTL community,

I noticed there is a feature in JoinMap where you can exclude similar loci. I have 1265 loci that are 100% similar and would like to exclude one from each identical pair. Is there a command that can identify the identicals and drop one in R/QTL?

Thanks!

havi...@umn.edu

Apr 6, 2022, 10:06:44 PM4/6/22
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lara,

This function in R/qtlTools has the capacity.

Cheers,
Josh

-------
Joshua Havill

On Apr 6, 2022, at 8:57 PM, Lara <ljbri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Dr. Broman and the R/QTL community,

I noticed there is a feature in JoinMap where you can exclude similar loci. I have 1265 loci that are 100% similar and would like to exclude one from each identical pair. Is there a command that can identify the identicals and drop one in R/QTL?

Thanks!

Karl Broman

Apr 7, 2022, 8:04:15 AM4/7/22
to R/qtl discussion
A related R/qtl function is findDupMarkers(), which looks for markers with identical genotype data.
And then drop.markers() to remove them.

karl

Message has been deleted

Lara