new QTL when refine QTL in MQM

Atoosa Samani

May 17, 2022, 8:53:11 PM5/17/22
to R/qtl discussion
Hi,

I have been exploring multiple QTL models for a subset phenotype in my F2 population. I have used scanone and scantwo to find QTLs that I made the MQMs with. One specific QTL  for a subset phenotype is refined to a very different position on the LG (on a different scaffold very far away) and it explains more than 20% of the phenotype. This refined QTL has not came up before.
Should I consider this a new QTL?

Thanks.

Karl Broman

May 17, 2022, 8:55:23 PM5/17/22
to R/qtl discussion
I can't tell from the information provided. But I would look to see whether there is any association between the genotypes on the one scaffold and on the other.

karl