Missing phenotypes

laavanya rayaprolu

Sep 5, 2022, 9:15:49 AM9/5/22
to R/qtl discussion
Hi Karl

I am using a backcross population and I do not have the data for all the phenotypes. The results are different if I use "NA" for a missing phenotype and when I completely remove the phenotype from the input file (attached below). Please suggest what could be the reason and what can be done.

Regards
Laavanya Rayaprolu

phiPSII_12.1.png
phiPSII_12.1_missingphenotyperemoved.png

Karl Broman

Sep 6, 2022, 11:18:43 AM9/6/22
to R/qtl discussion
I'm not sure I understand. The two plots look identical to me, and I would expected them to be identical. In QTL analysis, any individuals with missing phenotype are omitted, as they provide no information.

karl

laavanya rayaprolu

Sep 6, 2022, 4:20:58 PM9/6/22
to R/qtl discussion

Thanks for the reply Karl. I wanted to know if the replicates with no data should be removed from the input file or can be used as "NA".

Regards
Laavanya Rayaprolu

Karl Broman

Sep 6, 2022, 4:22:28 PM9/6/22
to R/qtl discussion
They can be used as “NA”. You should get identical results.

karl