BCsFt switched alleles

Noa BL

May 8, 2022, 4:41:42 AM5/8/22
to R/qtl discussion
Hello,
Until now we have been constructing F2 maps guided by the extremely helpful rqtl tutorial.
We are now starting to use F3 populations for qtl analysis and my question is -
Is there a way to fix switched alleles in an F3 population with  BCsFt rqtl?
Should i fix the switched alleles before running convert2bcsft?

Thank you for your help,
Noa

Karl Broman

May 8, 2022, 12:59:33 PM5/8/22
to R/qtl discussion
I think it won't make much difference, whether you do before or after.

karl

Noa Bar

May 10, 2022, 6:42:46 AM5/10/22
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply!

I have another switched alleles question...
when searching for qtls (after construction of the maps, which we do separately), can the search be affected if i have switched alleles?
for example in the calculation of LOD scores, etc.. because i am comparing adjacent markers..
My worry is that i fix the switched alleles for the maps but then don't re-address them when i search for QTLs.

Many thanks in advance

‫בתאריך יום א׳, 8 במאי 2022 ב-19:59 מאת ‪Karl Broman‬‏ <‪kbr...@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

Karl Broman

May 10, 2022, 8:06:36 AM5/10/22
to R/qtl discussion
If there are markers with the founder alleles switched, it will cause apparent double-crossovers around them, and will mess up the QTL analysis, so you want to fix them before doing QTL analysis.

karl