QTL visualization

Rahul Kaldate

Apr 15, 2021, 7:18:17 AM4/15/21
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Is it possible to use r/qtl for visualization of QTLs identified by other tools like ICImapping?

Thanking you in advance

Karl Broman

Apr 15, 2021, 9:17:08 AM4/15/21
to R/qtl discussion
I would presume so. What particular visualizations did you have in mind?

karl

Rahul Kaldate

Apr 15, 2021, 8:17:06 PM4/15/21
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
I want map 3418 SNP markers on 12 linkage groups along with QTLs, in which only qtls with flanking SNP markers name and position will shown and other SNPs as horizontal lines.

Karl Broman

Apr 15, 2021, 8:22:12 PM4/15/21
to R/qtl discussion
R/qtl doesn’t include code to make that particular plot. It would require heavy editing of plotMap or plot.qtl.
You may be better off doing it “by hand” in R, using segments() and text().

karl