Fwd: QTL effect

akanksha kakkar

May 7, 2021, 7:12:00 AMMay 7
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karl,
Thank you for adding me to the group. Below is attached the image I got for QTL effect on one of the chromosome using imputation method in Rqtl package. Is this response justified?? Can we get a het giving more phenotypic alteration as compared to either homozygous genotypes. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Akanksha.

May 7, 2021, 7:55:04 AMMay 7
to R/qtl discussion
It’s certainly possible, and there has long been discussion of heterosis, and at individual loci vs an effect due to two tightly linked loci.

karl

Ajay Kumar

May 7, 2021, 1:47:56 PMMay 7
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karl, do you think there could also be a possibility of some script or data input error which might cause this?
Regards
Ajay

Sent from my iPhone

On 07-May-2021, at 5:25 PM, Karl Broman <kbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

It’s certainly possible, and there has long been discussion of heterosis, and at individual loci vs an effect due to two tightly linked loci.

Karl Broman

May 7, 2021, 2:16:24 PMMay 7
to R/qtl discussion
It's possible; it's always worth double-checking the association by picking out one of the markers near the QTL peak and looking back at the raw data.

karl

akanksha kakkar

May 20, 2021, 10:43:36 PMMay 20
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Karl. That was a wonderful suggestion. It has actually helped understand some change in script as the raw data at this market indicates expected result with BB genotype having reduced disease score as compared to AA and AB. Sorry for the delayed reply and thank u once again.

Regards,
Akanksha.