Duration of MX metrics

Hananeh Younesian

May 24, 2024, 11:31:01 AMMay 24
to R package GGIR
Hi all,

I have a question related to MX metrics. How GGIR calculate long term MX metrics like M720? I mean it is not necessarily related to 720 min continuous activity. Does it accumulate time of 720 min with a different acceleration threshold?

Thank you,
Hana

Vincent van Hees

May 31, 2024, 11:44:18 AMMay 31
to Hananeh Younesian, R package GGIR
Dear Hana,

There are two types of MX. The original MX is part of LX MX research (e.g. L5 and M10) where we look at consecutive time windows. In GGIR you extract those with parameter winhr.

The MX metrics proposed by Rowlands at el. actually refer to percentiles in the acceleration data and by that do not look at consecutive time, and are extracted with parameter qlevels.

or re-read the course slides.

Best,

Vincent