Gt3x files does not run in R

Tatiana Moraes

May 21, 2024, 2:25:55 AMMay 21
to R package GGIR
I'm starting my data analysis, but when trying to run the data using the GT3x files, R hangs at: Busy processing ... see C:/Users/Eduardo Campos/OneDrive/Documentos/analise tcc daniel/output_acc/output_dadosacc/meta /basic for progress

It stays like that for hours.

What could be going wrong ?

Thank you for the help,

Tatiana

Leticia Sewaybricker

May 21, 2024, 12:01:14 PMMay 21
to R package GGIR
Hi Tatiana,

I would suggest you to review the documentation related to GGIR processing time

One thing to check, as I see "OneDrive" reported in your email, is if by having all the analysis run locally, including by having your gt3x file located in your machine and not remotely, would work.

Leticia

Vincent van Hees

May 21, 2024, 1:42:40 PMMay 21
to Leticia Sewaybricker, tamn...@gmail.com, R package GGIR
Hi Tatiana,

How many files are you trying to process? More files means more processing time. Always start with a small subset to test your code before processing entire studies.

R hangs at:

R does not hang, GGIR is just busy. It actually prints a message to the console window to tell you that it is busy and points you at the folder where you can see progress "see C:/Users/Eduardo Campos/OneDrive/Documentos/analise tcc daniel/output_acc/output_dadosacc/meta /basic for progress".

Did you read this and open the folder to see the progress during the hour?

Vincent

Vincent van Hees

May 21, 2024, 1:46:00 PMMay 21
to Vincent van Hees, Leticia Sewaybricker, tamn...@gmail.com, R package GGIR
... forgot to mention that very long recordings will increasing processing time. In that case it may be advisable to first process the files with do.parallel = FALSE.

Vincent