The Declaration is made; 10th Congress of IRU in Skopje - Macedonia from 18th to 20th of March

Roma Virtual Network

Jan 19, 2016, 11:08:23 AM1/19/16
to Roma_...@googlegroups.com

The Declaration is made; 10th Congress of IRU in Skopje - Macedonia from 18th to 20th of March

The fact that the current position of the Romani in Europe and in the World is getting harder and more complicated than ever, we witness a rising wave of discrimination towards the Romani, and watching our unity which is now split in two, but right now we need unity the most!

On the last coordinative meeting of the Cabinet of IRU in its expanded format, on the 13th of January 2016, almost all its members were unanimous in the submission of a proposed resolution for holding the 10th Congress.

According to the Statute of IRU and to the authority of the IRU Parliament and its President Stevo Balog, are taking the task for calling of the 10th Congress of IRU which will be held in Skopje - R. Macedonia from 18-20. 03. 2016.

Also this Congress of IRU serves as an open call for all the Romani people from all around the world who fight for the interests of the Romani and to go towards the way for unity

This call concerns all of the current delegates which were present and on the last 9th Congress of IRU in Sibiu - Romania in June 2014 and for all of the present delegates and members who were in the parallel 9th Congress of IRU in Riga - Latvia in August 2015.

The 10th Congress of IRU is a call for all of the past, present, actual, and future Romani - activists who can delegate up to 2-3 delegates from every country depending on the proportional numbers of Romani people who live in those countires.

On this 10th Congress of IRU despite that we will show unity it also presents a good opportunity to consider and bring a proposed Resolution which will raise the rating and the respect between the Romani and the non Romani people, and it will deepen the democracy and legitimacy of our organization IRU. On this Congress it will be also discussed about the plans for implementation of Electronic Internet Voting which should be implemented on the Congress of IRU in Skopje, it will also present a nice opportunity for discussion of bigger and more equal representation between the Romani women in the leadership and organizational part of IRU , in that way all of the inconsistencies will be eliminated, and it will promote the equal representation among the sexes, in a real way of democratic functioning of an organization

Only with joined forces we can solve all of the problems that the Romani Nation is facing in the world and at the same time we can go towards the way of progress.

The motto of the 10th Congress of IRU is: Brotherhood+Unity=Strenght!

IRU is one - We are all IRU

TV BTR

tv...@tvbtr.com.mk