LED ZEPPELIN TO TOUR WITH THE CULT

onezebra12

Nov 20, 2007, 8:04:31 PM11/20/07
to 80s_Roc...@yahoogroups.com
2007-11-20,19:01:12
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/led%20zeppelin%20to%20tour%20with%20the%20cult_1050852

LED ZEPPELIN are to tour in 2008 - with THE CULT as their opening act. Cult frontman Ian Astbury, let the news slip during a concert in Cincinnati, Ohio on Saturday (17Nov07). The rocker told fans, "We'll be back next year because we're opening for a band you may have heard of... The name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it." Astbury confirmed he was talking about the recently reunited rock supergroup by nodding when a fan shouted, "Led Zeppelin?" The Stairway To Heaven group's upcoming Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert performance in London (10Dec07) was slated as a one-off reunion, with frontman Robert Plant insisting a tour wasn't part of the plan. But guitarist Jimmy Page recently gave fans a little hope when he suggested the reunion effort would be a waste if was just for one show. He said, "It's a bit silly (not to tour) because there is such massive demand. It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottl!
e." Billboard.com reports that a number of U.S. venues have already been approached about staging Led Zeppelin/The Cult summer dates next year (08). If the shows take place, it won't be the first time Astbury has performed with rock royalty - he fronted the reformed The Doors, Riders on The Storm, until earlier this year (07), when he quit to concentrate on The Cult projects.

LED ZEPPELIN TO DEBUT NEW LIVE TRACK.... to read on click on the link below
(If the link doesn't work, please copy and paste the URL in your web
browser)

URL to article:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/led%20zeppelin%20to%20debut%20new%20live%20track_1050777

regards,