Fundraising Tour

Robert & Laura

Apr 21, 2013, 2:24:24 PM4/21/13
to robert...@googlegroups.com
Hello! It's us again, Laura and Robert.

What shenanigans are we up to, now? (You may ask.)

A new trip! One with a 21st Century twist! Yes, we're using "crowd sourcing" to try and raise some money so that it's not so gosh-darned expensive for us to take one of our trips.

If you're the impatient type, you can go here now and kick in a bucket of money (but please, only one bucket of money per person--we don't want to be greedy):

Here's the tour concept in brief:

We drive across the country in ten (10) days. We stop each day and do a one hour show at a Retirement Community / Community Center / anyplace that will have us. The show is free (well, paid for by us and our valued contributors). We stick to back roads and scenic venues.

At the end of the ten (10) days, we stop in Newport, Pennsylvania where Laura attends the Mountain Laurel Autoharp Gathering. After four (more) days of playing while Robert soaks in a hot tub, we head back.

On the way back, we only stop for three shows, but they’re all in big cities (we're playing Chicago, baby!), so it evens out.

We figure it’s going to cost us about $5,000 to rent a car and pay for cheap motels and also eat. To help defray the expenses, we’re making it possible to people like you (that is, people who are charming and good-looking with impeccable taste and a few extra bucks) to help finance the trip.

Supporting us is not without its rewards. Or as we like to think of them, bribes to coerce money from our friends! Depending on how large a bribe you give us, you’ll get different things in return.

The rewards are listed on the right side of the fund-raiser page:

Also, you can purchase an eBook of one of our past trips, which will not only put a few bucks in our pockets, but also boost our egos (well, Robert’s anyway; Laura is pretty indifferent to such mundane concerns).

Sore Roots Trip Log
We visit England and Scotland and report on the cream situation. Only $2.99! Buy it here.

Square States Trip Log
We drive across most of the square states in the middle of the United States and encounter the World’s Largest Cross, Cadillac Ranch, and downtown Roswell, NM. Only $1.99! Buy it on Amazon.

And remember--buying our eBooks not only boosts our egos, but it makes us more likely to publish our *other* trip logs (we have somewhere around 15 of them, depending on how much coffee we've had when we're counting).

The fundraiser lasts until May 31, but it's always better to contribute early (better for us, in particular, as we then get to bask in the love)

We'll remind you again about the fundraiser in a couple of weeks.

Also, you can get way more details on everything (including videos!) on our Trip Log website:

  Laura & Robert
  Fundraising Tour