Fundraising: Only one week to go!

Robert & Laura

May 23, 2013, 10:13:14 AM5/23/13
to robert...@googlegroups.com
Loyal followers,

Remember when we told you a couple of weeks ago that we'd be bugging you again about contributing to our fundraiser? Yup, this is that e-mail!

Lots of folks have already kicked in to help fund our latest tour: Our First--and Last--National Music Tour.
Details here:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fund-our-first-and-last-national-music-tour

And now there's only ONE WEEK to go. On May 31st, fundraising wraps up and that's your last chance to get daily Trip Logs of our tour.

You'll need to contribute at least ten bucks to receive a Trip Log for this trip. Even better--for only $50 you can get a daily Trip Log that includes pictures(!). What in-box would be complete without photos of (for example) a 20-foot-tall wooden owl riddled with arrows?

As a reminder, here's what the First--And Last--National Music Tour is about:

We drive from Seattle to Newport, Pennsylvania in ten (10) days avoiding freeways and taking picturesque back roads. Each day we stop and perform a one hour show of live music and bad banter at a Retirement Community / Community Center / anyplace that will have us. We don't charge for the show (heck--we're not even selling T-shirts in the lobby afterwards).

At the end of the ten (10) days, we stop in Newport, Pennsylvania where Laura attends the Mountain Laurel Autoharp Gathering. She'll play music for another couple of days, while Robert waxes his bass.

Then we head back westward, sticking to the freeways this time and stopping for just three shows. But they include Chicago (woohoo!) and Missoula (double woohoo!).

So far, we're about half-way to our goal (if by "halfway" you mean 35%) and it would be lovely to get a few more bucks kicked in before the fundraising ends.

We came up with some reasons why you should contribute:

- It gets Robert out of the state for THREE WHOLE WEEKS. A nice break for everybody! (Well, except for Laura)

- You can find out what it's like for musicians on tour, from the inside! Will we be tossing TVs out of motel windows by Day Nine? Flinging M&Ms at roadies?

- You'll get our celebrated (well, WE like them) daily Trip Log each and every day!

- Find out if there's really an arrow-ridden wooden owl in Salmon, Idaho (location of our second show).

- You'll hold a special place in our hearts. Right next to the left ventricle.

You can get way more details on everything (including videos!) on our Trip Log website:
http://laura-n-robert.com/

And extra special thanks to those who have already contributed. You guys rock!

Laura & Robert
Fundraising Tour