Mass Media VS Politics

Jibanananda

Mar 4, 2010, 11:04:34 PM3/4/10
to Right to Recall Group
Dear members,
There are very few media that are not manipulated by the influence of
politicians. So I think, it is a must to discuss and understand
clearly that how the corrupteds are related with media and how much
they can control the media.

It is known to everyone that the owner of a newspaper/TV Channel is
also a Crorepati businessman, not a social worker. So he will first
think of his business (Profit).

For example, in West Bengal, nearly every newspaper publish
advertisements of "Astrologers", "Tantriks", "Yogic healers" etc.
These ads are fully illegal as per "Drugs and Magic Remedies,
Objectionable Advertisement Act". I dont know about other states, but
the satellite TV channels are also broadcasting these ads.

According to the mentioned act, publishing these ads is an punishable
offense. But the media is making money through these illegal way. This
is going for a long time. (I am 27 year, I can recall that I am seeing
it from 20 years). The Govt. is blind about it.

So it is clear that the media, who can aware people about corruption
is also corrupted and they have very good relation with the corrupted
Govt. (Even they are crying against the Govt.)

To understand this matter, I beg to the members to post some example
of manipulated news and its impact on the nation. There are so many.

sarathchandraYDF

Mar 5, 2010, 8:09:52 AM3/5/10
to Right to Recall Group
Example:
The manipulated news by TV5 that the death of Y.S.Rajasekhar Reddy,
chief minister of Andhra Pradesh in a chopper crash was actually a
planned murder by Reliance group.The news channel based its report on
a banned online magazine THE EXILE. The result was some reliance
superr markets were set up fire in the state.

Jibanananda

Mar 6, 2010, 3:02:44 AM3/6/10
to Right to Recall Group
Recently, a nuclear scientist died in BARC. Most of the newspapers are
crying that it is suicide. What do you think about it?

MehtaRahulC

Mar 19, 2010, 9:15:15 AM3/19/10
to Right to Recall Group
The solution is to create THREE Govt owned newspapers - one national
level, one state level and one district level.

The citizens will have procedures to replace the Chief Editors of
these newspapers.

So these newspapers will become better than private newspapers

===

Also, we should enact procedures by which we can replace Door Darshan
National Chief and State Chiefs. This will improve DD and reduce
dependence of citizens on private channels.

.

Jinendra Shah

Mar 19, 2010, 9:17:05 AM3/19/10
to rightt...@googlegroups.com
Simply the best solution..!

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to RightToRecall+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.