DanRumery's improvements to auto completion in the RPS (please try out the experimental installer before I make it official)

Daren Thomas

Sep 12, 2017, 3:31:00 AM9/12/17
to RevitPythonShell
Last week, I merged @DanRumery's pull request that includes improvements to the auto completion. I have built an experimental installer for RPS 2018 with this update: https://github.com/architecture-building-systems/revitpythonshell/blob/master/Output/2017.09.12_Setup_RevitPythonShell_2018.exe

I'd like some feedback on how well this works: Can we make this the official version?

Love,
Daren

Callum

Oct 8, 2017, 11:20:20 PM10/8/17
to RevitPythonShell
Hi Daren, Ive been using it and it and have come across one strange quirk:

- When I open a script, I see the script in the 'code edit' part of the console
- When I click into the 'code edit' part of the console the script dissapears

To get it to work, I have to
- Open script
- Press an arrow key in the 'code edit' part of the console
- Then click into the 'code edit' part of the console and the script stays

Cyril Waechter

Oct 9, 2017, 5:08:39 AM10/9/17
to RevitPythonShell
Hi Callum,
Bug has been reported here : https://github.com/architecture-building-systems/revitpythonshell/issues/62
I thought someone already solved it but apparently not.

Daren Thomas

Jan 5, 2018, 4:43:36 AM1/5/18
to RevitPythonShell
Hi Cyril, hi Callum,

I have an open pull request that solves the issue here: https://github.com/architecture-building-systems/revitpythonshell/pull/65

Would you mind testing this to see if it fixes the bug? I'll then merge and create a new version.

Best,
Daren

Callum

Jan 9, 2018, 4:12:45 PM1/9/18
to RevitPythonShell
Hi Daren, just tested this new installer and I get the same bug as before. A couple of things to note:
  • I uninstalled RPS 2018 before installing this one but it seems that the new installers version hasnt been bumped up (it says '2018.0' in the programs and features). Im guessing this is deliberate, which is why I uninstalled before installing
  • There is no separate version of IronPython installed on this machine, so Im thinking there is no clash there
Anything else I should try let me know

Daren Thomas

Jan 10, 2018, 5:51:52 AM1/10/18
to RevitPythonShell
Hi Callum,

huh... well... to be sure: Could you deactivate any other plugins? does pyRevit maybe have the same but? idk... i'll try installing this in a fresh vm to make sure it's not the installer.

Best,
Daren