Detailed Drawing using Revit

zeerak...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2019, 2:29:20 PM4/13/19
to RevitPythonShell
I have been modelling on revit for a very long time but all these times i was just working with the regular or you may say basic tools. But now i have made a complete a model i have even setup floor plans and sections in sheets. But usually in South Asia, most of the buildings are based o RCC structures and the with great RCC structures comes greater beams (stole it from spiderman) with even more complex steel detailing. And being a structural engineer it gives me chills when we talk about making beam elevations.
Is there anyway that i can use revit as a fully reliable drafting software. Of course AutoCAD will be there for little changes but can i make like complete drawings using revit.
Thanks in advance

Callum

Apr 14, 2019, 4:38:45 AM4/14/19
to RevitPythonShell
Absolutely Revit is a fully reliable piece of drafting software, and the more you use it to detail complex junctions, the better it gets. Beware though, the learning curve is steep, and its very different from AutoCAD. One you get your head around parameters, the family editor, and building clever line-based detail components, you will realise that its incredibly powerful - hence being so expensive haha

This Google Group is actually for a coding platform that lets you extend Revit beyond being just a drafting platform though, so it might not be quite what youre after. Good luck!