10-24-2013 “Meeting and building The ExtrusionBot”

Karl

Oct 20, 2013, 5:03:58 PM10/20/13
to Revers...@googlegroups.com

Reverse Space – Build, Create, Collaborate.

This week at ReverseSpace we have a new Kickstarter croudfunded project at the space as well as having the Makerspace open members and the public. Feel free to come back the space and help build the ExtrusionBot 3D printer filament maker or just visit the space.

Below is from their listing:

The ExtrusionBot is the worlds fastest home built automatic filament extrusion Bot that can make color in ABS and PLA @ up to 4ft / min

It is the fastest home built extruder in the world today.  What this means to you is instead of a  spool taking +/- 24 hours to make you can do it in about 1 hour. Yes you heard that right, currently we are consistently producing 3 foot per min.

Yes 3 ft. +/- per minute of ABS, PLA at 3mm and 1.75mm with tolerances better than +/- 0.10mm.

Why ExtrusionBot?

What other machines do in a day, we do in  an hour...

  • ExtrusionBot gives you the speed to produce the quantity of filament with out the wait.

  • ExtrusionBot has the smallest foot print on the market. Only 7in x 10in. Save desk space put it right beside you 3D printer .

  • The ExtrusionBot has built in spooling. No need to buy anything else, or spend time spooling the tangled mess on your floor.

  • Speed without sacrificing quality. Currently tolerances better than +/-0.10mm. We run our filament though our own 3d printers.

  • 3mm or 1.75m or anything in between, you choose.  Very simple nozzle change out.

  • You are not limited with ExtrusionBot on the type of filament you make! ABS, PLA and we are currently testing other types.

The ExtrusionBot is an easy to use consumer extruder engineered for the everyday user.

If you would like a tour of the makerspace, please come between 5:30pm to 6:30pm or between 9:30pm to 10:30pm for a tour. ReverseSpace is open to new people every Thursday.

5:30pm to 11PM – Space is open to everyone and their projects

6:30pm – Building The ExtrusionBot Kit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1622873957/the-fastest-filament-extrusion-bot-makes-abs-pla-i

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

If you have any projects you are working on, feel free to bring it to Reverse Space! We have locked storage space, hundred of tools and electronics, and the largest sections of free to use 3D printers for any Makerspace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackerspace) on the east coast of the US. At this time membership is free.

Equipment and donations available:

Node Chroma – Bluetooth 4.0 surface color scanner. http://variableinc.com/\

Arduino microcontroller Uno and Mega - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino

Raspberry Pi - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

BeagleBone Black http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone%20Black NEW!

Book “Bad to the Bone” on crafting electronic systems with BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black NEW!

Book “Z-Wave Basics” on using w-wave for wireless communication in Smart Homes. NEW!

Book “Raspberry Pi Projects for the Evil Genius” on projects for Raspberry Pi. NEW!

Other projects we are working on below. Help is always needed.

Micro controller (Arduino) – Looking for a group leader to start projects and setup lab.

Raspberry Pi – Installation of OS system and working test system for members.

Lyman Filament Extruder – Every Makerspace should have one!

Heated Build Bed - for Makerbot Replicator 2. We have the parts.

Human Head 3D Scanning - Microsoft Kinect Sensor installed with the software for 3D scanning.

NextEngine 3D Laser Scanner – Ready to use.

3D - “Rostock Delta Arm 3D printer” Team is almost done.

3D - “PrintRbot LC” - This 3D printer needs to be calibrated and test prints done.

3D - “RepRap” - This also needs to be calibrated and test prints done.

CNC - “ShapeOko CNC” Team is almost done.

3D - “B9Creator” Getting a working print and settings with our DLP light 3D printer.

Drone - “Flight of the 3D printed quad copter drone” The drone needs to fly.

Help Needed - Organization and building of the Makerspace. Help is always appreciated but not required.

Community Help - Other members who may need help on their projects.

Website and listed equipment – Webmaster needed. Free membership for this job.

Equipment Operators – Host of the space runs the Makerbot, Corporate 3D printers, and Ultimaker.

Address of the meeting:

Cortona Academy

13505 Dulles Technology Drive Suite 3 (all the way in the back!)

Herndon, VA 20171

bot1.jpg