Reverse Space 6PM to 11PM 4-11-2013 – Build, Create, Collaborate.

Karl

Apr 9, 2013, 8:40:45 PM4/9/13
to Revers...@googlegroups.com

This week at Reverse Space we will be printing an ultra high resolution design using the Ultimaker 3D printer (http://www.ultimaker.com/.) Their website states that Maker Magazine listed the Ultimaker as the “Most Accurate and Fastest.” It is also important to note that the thinnest printable layer using the Ultimaker is .05mm VS .1mm using the Makerbot. That's double the resolution.

The real question is the easy of use. Doubling the layer resolution also doubles the print time. That's more than four times longer than the default .27mm layers used by most of the 3D printers. To test the print quality we are going to try to print the Dawnguard Vampire Lord form the game Skyrim. We will try to process the STL files and get a default .27mm layer print using the Makerbot before the meeting. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68070 We also have a very nice metal 3D printed Skyrim dragon pendant which is also gold plated. This was ordered from www.shapeways.com.

If you have any projects you are working on, feel free to bring it to Reverse Space! We have locked storage space, hundred of tools and electronics, and the largest sections of free to use 3D printers for any Makerspace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackerspace) on the east coast of the US. At this time membership is free.

Other projects we are working on below. Help is always needed.

NextEngine 3D Laser Scanner – Learning to get a perfect scan. Almost there.

3D - “Rostock Delta Arm 3D printer” The kit needs to be completed.

3D - “Ultimaker 3D printer” - High resolution printing needed.

CNC - “ShapeOko CNC” New stepper motor controls are now here and need to be installed.

3D - “B9Creator” Getting a working print and settings with our DLP light 3D printer.

Drone - “Flight of the 3D printed quad copter drone” The drone needs to fly.

Help Needed - Organization and building of the Makerspace. Help is always appreciated but not required.

Community Help - Other members who may need help on their projects.

Website and listed equipment – Webmaster needed. Free membership for this job.

Address of the meeting:

Cortona Academy

13505 Dulles Technology Drive Suite 3 (all the way in the back!)

Herndon, VA 20171

Vamp.jpg