Ragas for 9 planets (Navagragha)

rathipatipriya

Mar 17, 2006, 3:03:36 AM3/17/06
to Research.Carnatic
Vanakkam,

I'm Hindu from Malaysia. I love indian carnatic music. Am learning
vocal and veena. I have a question to ask about ragas and navagragha.
Will really appreciate if you could help.

I came to know that there is a relationship between ragas and
navagraghas. Each planets has own raga. The nine ragas listed below:

1. Brindavana Saaranga
2. Sauraastra
3. Sahana
4. Yamuna Kalyani
5. Aagiri
6. Aadana
7. Gowri Manogari
8. Desh
9. Gambira Naadei

I'm curious to know the characteristics of each raga given above. How
it affects the feelings when someone listen, sing or play these ragas.

Thanks.

rathipriya

kailashnath

Mar 19, 2006, 12:46:23 PM3/19/06
to Research.Carnatic
Muthuswamy Dikshitar is considered the authority in astrology also...
he has composed the navagraha kritis set to appropriate ragas...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navagraha_Kritis. hope this link helps.

naresh

Apr 8, 2006, 12:47:46 AM4/8/06
to Research.Carnatic
You can see the book Navagraha kosa 2 vols/s.k.ramachandara rao
published by indian Books Centre.
i...@indianbookscentre.com