query

uthra

Apr 8, 2005, 12:53:30 AM4/8/05
to Research...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group members,
Am newly joined member of this group.I have around 4 years of learning
experience in music(south indian classical).Can i get information on
'doing a graduation in music in india thro' distance
learning/correspondence' from this group?Hope I would get help on this.

Regards
Uthra

Ananth

Apr 15, 2005, 2:32:29 AM4/15/05
to Research...@googlegroups.com
Madras University is providing some courses. I couldnt find much about
distance education from their website. I vaguely remember that study
centres for music courses are available in a few places only. Anybody
know more about this, please write here.

It'd be better if we know where u r living.

Regards,
Ananth.

Ananth

Apr 15, 2005, 10:19:39 AM4/15/05
to Research...@googlegroups.com
(I received this in response to my above msg)

Hello ananth

There are many programmes available in Chennai for Distance Education
in Music.
One may pursue Music privately and apply for Govt Grade Examinations
Tamilnadu-lower and higher Exams for theory and practical or take the
B.A. Degree course in madras university which excells in its
correspondecne classes. there are also courses available in Annamalai
University but wherever you study in Chennai/tamilnadu, more stress
will be to the Tamil Music.
You can visit
http://www.unom.ac.in/
http://www.unom.ac.in/icecourse.html

Enquiry and Grievance Cell
Institute of Distance Education,IDE 25393347 / 25393348
25393353 / 25393354
25393357 / 2539337
Extension Numbers:427, 428, 429, 430, 431

best wishes
Prayers Prem & Aum
Bhavadhaarini

Uthra Ragavan

Apr 16, 2005, 12:25:16 PM4/16/05
to Research...@googlegroups.com
Thnx for the info.I live at Madras.I enquired Madras University abt
the courses and came to know that it offers correspondence course--
Bachelor of Arts(Music).
Regards
Uthra
--