Research on singers

sirisha duvvuru

Apr 7, 2009, 8:28:52 PM4/7/09
to Research...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
     Iam Sirisha Duvvuru, a doctoral student at University of tennesee, Knoxville and a passive member of researchcarnatic group.  Iam pursuing my research on voice science and technology. I often work on analysis of singers voices through acoustic softwares. In my most recent project, Im planning to document all the learning and practice strategies, vocal habits and performance demands in Carnatic singers. My aim is to know how much carnatic singers are aware of the vocal hygiene approaches and put some light on myths and realities of voice care specific to carnatic style of singing.
    As iam staying a place where there are not many singers, i decided to do an internet based survey.My project deadline is soon approaching and im in real search for singers. I will be very grateful if anyone is willing to participate in the questionaire. That will be a great help for me. As the token of participation, a vocal hygiene hand out will be sent to you. For your information, questionaire contains of 50 multiple choice questions about the basic information like when did you started learning , how many of hours of practice, and how often do you have vocal health issues and so on. It hardly takes about 15 minutes as the task is only to select/click on the answer. Kindly let me know by replying if you are willing to participate. You must be atleast 18 years old to participate and also be trained in music for 6-7 years.

Thank you
Sirisha

--
"No acts are done by mere desires. they are done by mere diligence"
- Swami vivekananda