RedDot 7.5 Convert to LIVE Project not working

Richard Anderson

Apr 29, 2016, 10:24:04 AM4/29/16
to RedDot CMS Users
1) I copied an existing project to a new destination
2) I altered the publishing details of the target project
3) I removed the project lock (I chose "unrestricted release of project")
4) I chose "Convert to Live Project" from Server Manager and then Ok'd the next dialog but, nothing happens

Project is still marked in blue as Test Project....

I can't see any specific error messages in the event log (windows)

Any ideas?

Richard.

shanson

Apr 29, 2016, 10:28:16 AM4/29/16
to reddot-c...@googlegroups.com
Try logout and sign in again to see if it still remains as test
project. Did you did import project? if yes check the import logs
under the <cmsserver>-log section in server manager. If you see import
errors try fixing those first then delete the created project and try
importing it again.

Thanks,
Shankar

Richard Anderson

May 17, 2016, 7:00:15 AM5/17/16
to RedDot CMS Users
For anyone interested, this seems to be a bug in 7.5.

I must have chosen 'test project' in the destination details when I first copied the project (but, I don't see why that would have prevented conversion to live subsequently and assume this option is buggy!)

I re-copied the origin project but, this time without the 'test project' box ticked and now everything is fine.

Richard.

Dennis de Lara

May 17, 2016, 3:25:38 PM5/17/16
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Richard.

I never thought that there are still users of 7.5. Don't you want to upgrade to at least version 10?

Just a suggestion.

Dennis

Derek E

Jul 4, 2017, 2:52:59 PM7/4/17
to RedDot CMS Users
The latest version is currently 16.0 Service Pack 1 Hotfix 7 Build 16.0.1.975.