Adding Comments to Published Site

Rob Wagner

Jul 7, 2017, 12:29:36 PM7/7/17
to RedDot CMS Users
Has anyone tried integrating a user comments system into WSM and/or Delivery Server site?  I'm trying to figure out if OT has a compatible product.  (I doubt it, but if you know please chime in.)  I'm also wondering if anyone may have a third party suggestions as well.  Just researching at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any input!

-Rob

redDolt

Jul 8, 2017, 11:12:50 AM7/8/17
to RedDot CMS Users
I've never looked into adding it to WMS but I see disqus used on a lot of sites. Were we to implement chat, that would be my solution of choice assuming there isn't some kind of open text pulse module or something

Gavin Cope

Jul 9, 2017, 5:11:54 AM7/9/17
to RedDot CMS Users
Depending on the complexity of what you want to achieve, you may find Tempo Social will meet your requirements. If you're after something simple, collecting comments as content attributes may be sufficient for you. Or the middle ground would be a bespoke set of Dynaments adding and reading content from a database.

Cheers,

G.

On 9 July 2017 at 01:12, redDolt <d.alan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've never looked into adding it to WMS but I see disqus used on a lot of sites. Were we to implement chat, that would be my solution of choice assuming there isn't some kind of open text pulse module or something

Rob Wagner

Aug 23, 2017, 11:08:43 AM8/23/17
to RedDot CMS Users
Thanks for the suggestions.  The client requirements have shifted significantly and we're going to end up building a custom Delivery Server application.