Get value a page's content element from another page that's connected to it's container

Boby

Jan 29, 2019, 3:43:50 PM1/29/19
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi,

I'm trying to get the value of element stf_date of page1 from page2 's template.
page 2 is connected to the container con_body of page 1.

Any idea how can this be done?

page1

  |-- stf_date
  |-- con_body
          |-- page2

Thanks, Boby

Gavin Cope

Jan 30, 2019, 2:56:51 AM1/30/19
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Boby,

It's been a while but I'm thinking something like:
Context:CurrentPage.MainLink.OwnerPage.GetElementByName(stf_date).Value

Cheers,

Gavin

Gavin Cope
Mob: +61 407 763 110
Email: gavin...@gmail.com
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept." - Calvin

Boby

Jan 30, 2019, 9:25:12 AM1/30/19
to RedDot CMS Users
Thanks Gavin; works like a charm!

which helps when you have page2 linked to more than one container.

<%!! Context:CurrentIndex.Page.Elements.GetElement(stf_date).Value !!%>

Boby