He is a bright light

Ray Mitchell

Dec 29, 2016, 4:17:22 AM12/29/16
to Ray's Daily

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”

Anais Nin

I got an e-mail from an old friend the other day. In it he reminisced about the conversations we have had over the years. He tied many of our talks to the changes he made in his life, both professionally and personally.

What I enjoyed most about what he wrote was how as he saw his world in a new light he developed the confidence to using his new found belief in himself to open doors to success and happiness. In some ways each of us can benefit from spending time with others who help us learn about ourselves as they see us through their eyes.

I think what has made my friend what he has become I think it would be his positive attitude. He always had the seed within him he just did not nurture it and now that he has he is reaping his rewards, As written in the following article he has made positive thinking a way of life.

Positive Thinking Is a Way of Life

By Remez Sasson

With a positive attitude we experience pleasant and happy feelings. This brings brightness to the eyes, more energy, and happiness. Our whole being broadcasts good will, happiness and success. Even our health is affected in a beneficial way. We walk tall, our voice is more powerful, and our body language shows the way we feel.

Positive and negative thinking are contagious.

We affect, and are affected by the people we meet, in one way or another. This happens instinctively and on a subconscious level, through words, thoughts and feelings, and through body language.

Is it any wonder that we want to be around positive people, and prefer to avoid negative ones?

People are more disposed to help us, if we are positive, and they dislike and avoid anyone broadcasting negativity.

Negative thoughts, words and attitude, create negative and unhappy feelings, moods and behavior. When the mind is negative, poisons are released into the blood, which cause more unhappiness and negativity. This is the way to failure, frustration and disappointment.

~~~

“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”

Norman Vincent Peale

~~~

For new fathers, or anyone thinking about becoming a father, you must learn these WORDS OF WISDOM:

·         Don´t ask me, ask your mother.

·         Who said life was supposed to be fair.

·         You call that noise "music"?

·         No, we´re not there yet.

·         As long as you live under my roof, you´ll live by my rules.

·         Because I said so. That´s why.

·         So you think you´re smart, do you?

·         If I´ve told you once, I´ve told you a thousand times.

·         You want something to do? I´ll give you something to do.

·         I´m not just talking to hear my own voice!

·         I don´t care what other people are doing! I´m not everybody else´s father!

·         Enough is enough!

·         Don´t make me stop the car!

~~~

I'd like to go to an assertiveness training class.  First I need to check with my wife.

Adam Christing

~~~

Retirement Center Pickup Lines

"What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like...where exactly are we again?"

"Yes, I'm 92... but I have the body of a 78-year-old."

"Your beautiful blue eyes are like limpid sapphire pools. Your blue hair, too."

"Hey babe, looking for a good time? How's about coming home with me and...Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z."

~~~

"Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow."

Douglas Pagels

~~~

In the Admitting office of our hospital, some patients were filling out forms, others were being interviewed and still others were being escorted to their rooms.

An elderly woman, obviously not sure of where she should be, hesitatingly entered my cubicle.  She had completed the admitting forms and, upon my request, handed me her insurance cards.  I typed the necessary information and then asked her the reason for her coming to the hospital.

"I'm here to just visit a friend," she said, "but all this has taken so long, I'm not sure I have the time now!"

~~~

Wisdom is oftimes nearer when we stoop than when we soar.

William Wordsworth

~~~

GRANDKIDS DO MAKE SENSE, AT LEAST TO GOD.

Dear God, Please put another holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing in there now. Amanda

Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I asked for was a puppy. I never asked for anything before. You can look it up. Joyce

Dear Mr. God, I wish you would not make it so easy for people to come apart. I had to have 3 stitches and a shot.  Janet

God, I read the bible. What does beget mean? Nobody will tell me. Love, Alison

Dear God, Is it true my father won't get in Heaven if he uses his golf words in the house? Anita

Dear God, I bet it's very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. Nancy

~~~

If the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

~~~

Mike: Do you remember first meeting your wife?

John: Sure, I found Jill lying face down in the gutter. I lifted her to her feet and promised her that if she agreed to marry me, she would begin a new life and I'd never allow her near the gutter again.

Mike: Wow, I hope she appreciates what you did for her.

John: Not really. Jill hated to give up bowling.

~~~

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

~~~

My six-year-old grandson called his mother from his friend Charlie’s house and confessed he had broken a lamp when he threw a football in their living room.

"But, Mom," he said, brightening, "you don't have to worry about buying another one. Charlie's mom said it was irreplaceable."

~~~

“Today is a new beginning, a chance to turn your failures into achievements & your sorrows into so goods. No room for excuses.”

Joel Brown

~~~

Stay well, do good work, and have fun.

Ray Mitchell

Indianapolis, Indiana

Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.

Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at rayk...@gmail.com. Back issues are posted at http://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.

1

image002.jpg