Rise and Shine

Ray Mitchell

Feb 6, 2017, 4:32:18 AM2/6/17
to Ray's Daily

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.

Henry Ellis

I hope you had a good weekend, I did. I had lunch on Saturday with an old friend who always improves my spirit. I was able to avoid letting the national turmoil get me down. I am dismayed that there are so many bridges being torn down leaving few viable detours. Let us hope wiser heads can repair the damages.

I have high hopes for the next few days. I want to get through some of my back log - bills to pay, messages to answer and the like. My oldest daughter is always a motivator for me but she has been under the weather for the past week now so it is up to me to get started. I would start today but I have a lunch meeting that provides me the rational for another day of procrastination. Oh well there is always tomorrow,

Today I want to share some random thoughts that I got some time ago from the Indian Child blog. They are worth keeping around to help us get to where we would like to go

Your life will benefit if you:

Work hard at what you like to do and try to overcome all obstacles

Laugh at your mistakes and praise yourself for learning from them

Pick some flowers and appreciate the beauty of nature

Say hello to strangers and enjoy the people you know

Don’t be afraid to show your emotions laughing and crying make you feel better

Love your friends and family with your entire being they are the most important part of your life

Feel the calmness on a quiet sunny day

Find a rainbow and live your world of dreams always remember life is better than it seems

BE THANKFUL

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary, because it means you’ve made a difference.

It’s easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

~~~

In spite of unseasonable wind, snow and unexpected weather of all sorts – a gardener still plants. And tends what they have planted ...believing that Spring will come.

Mary Anne Radmacher

~~~

Some quotes from the old Hollywood Squares TV show

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be?

A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?

A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q. What are "Do It," "I Can Help," and "I Can't Get Enough"?

A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?

A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. Can boys join the Campfire Girls?

A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?

A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the Army.

~~~

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

George Bernard Shaw

~~~

The doctor took Dan into the room and said, "Dan, I have some good news and some bad news."

Dan said, "Give me the good news."

"They're going to name a disease after you."

~~~

Money doesn't bring you happiness, but it enables you to look for it in more places.

~~~

A small boy stunned his parents after Sunday School when he began to empty his pockets of nickels, dimes and quarters. Finally his mother asked the obvious question, "Where did you get all that money?"

"At church," the boy replied nonchalantly. "They have bowls of it."

~~~

I learned something the other day. I learned the Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them.

Bruce Clark

~~~

Despite his best sales pitch, a life-insurance salesman was unable to get a couple to sign up for a policy. "I certainly don't want to frighten you into a decision," he announced, standing up to leave. "Please sleep on it tonight, and if you wake up in the morning, let me know what you think."

~~~

Wouldn't you know it... Brain cells come and brain cells go, but FATcells live forever.

~~~

You may have noticed the increased amount of notices for you to notice. Some of our notices have not been noticed. This is very noticeable. It has been noticed that the responses to the notices have been noticeably unnoticed. This notice is to remind you to notice the notices and respond to the notices, because we do not want the notices to go unnoticed.

~~~

Each day seems too short for

All of the things I want to do

And all the friends I want to

See and spend some time with

So before this day ends

I want to take the time to say

Good morning!

~~~

Stay well, do good work, and have fun.

Ray Mitchell

Indianapolis, Indiana

Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.

Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at rayk...@gmail.com. Back issues are posted at http://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.

1

image002.jpg