Enjoy the day

Ray Mitchell

Jan 10, 2017, 3:48:34 AM1/10/17
to Ray's Daily

“Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”

Anthony Robbins

Good morning everyone, I have not put a new Daily together this morning so here is another blast from the past.

Ray’s Daily first published on January 10, 2006

Boy is Robbins right or what. I feel sorry for those who start each day expecting things to go wrong, you know the ones I mean, those people who always see the rain cloud and never the rainbow. The people I like are those who share their joys and keep their troubles, unless there is something I can do to help.

I want to start a club that excludes grouches, naysayer’s, soreheads, negative thinkers, pessimists, cynics, and all others who find pleasure in making everyone else as miserable as they are. If we get it done just think how much fun we will have with our fellow members.

As many of you know I cruise often (my next is on Celebrity out of Fort Lauderdale in March). I cruise because it provides a great getaway opportunity where I can rest, relax, make new friends, see something new, enjoy good food, and be entertained. Unfortunately there are always a few fellow cruisers that do whatever they can to make sure everyone else has a bad time, so on this cruise I sent out a notice that anyone that complains to me better be ready for a bop on the nose, a shove overboard, or non-person status.

Everyday, whether cruising or not, I get up expecting good things to happen. I keep looking for the good stuff as the day goes on, I would hate to miss something good just because I was not paying attention. Fortunately there is never enough time to look for what is wrong and if something bad does happen my memory is short enough that I don’t remember what it was.

~~~

“I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself, and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part.”

 Shirley MacLaine

~~~

She sent me this poem:

Things To Do TODAY...

    I don't want to do the dishes,

    I don't want to do the wash,

    I sprinkled clothes a week ago

    And now my iron is lost!

    I don't wanna clean the pots,

    I don't wanna rattle pans,

   I wanna read my e-mail,

    And chat with all my friends!

    The table needs some dusting

    and the floor could sure be mopped,

    But I know if I get started

    There'll be no place to stop.

    The closets are so full

    Things are falling off the shelves,

    I wish for cleaning fairies

    And magic laundry elves!

    They could sprinkle fairy dust

    And twitch their little nose,

    And the windows would be sparkling

    And I'd have no dirty clothes.

    I don't know what I'm saying,

    My head is in the sky,

    I must cook that meat that's graying

    And bake that apple pie!

    My husband needs a flea bath,

    The dog needs some attention...

    Oh, the other way around I mean!

    My brain is in suspension!

    I am running round in circles,

    I am getting nothing done,

    I keep thinking of the internet,

    I'm missing all the fun!

    I know I'm not addicted

    Though I hear that all the time,

    But I guess this stuff will have to wait,

    Cause today I'll be ON LINE!!!

~~~

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends."

Oscar Wilde

~~~

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do...   (especially when you share the same major!)

PSYCHOLOGY   Girl accuses boy of just using her as a substitute for his

mother.

SOCIOLOGY   Each claims to have been oppressed in the relationship.

ARCHAEOLOGY   One tries to bury the past, and accuses the other of trying to dig it up.

THEATRE   "OH! Life is... ENDED... as we KNOW it!"

BIOLOGY   "You just wanted to get in my genes!"

PHYSICS   Both resign themselves to the fact that what goes up must come down.

JOURNALISM "Today was the end of an era. Jack, 19, and Jill, 18, called an end to their relationship of 2 weeks..."

WOMEN'S STUDIES   "HE did it!"

BUSINESS   Both decide that they're spending way too much money together, and that it's simply cheaper to be single.

HISTORY   Each party argues the breakup was caused by something the other party did in the past.

GEOGRAPHY   Both people decide to simply move far away to avoid each other.

ANATOMY   "I never liked your body anyway."

ECONOMICS   One party demands more than the other can supply.

~~~

She said: I have a man I never could trust. Why, he cheats so much I'm not even sure this baby I'm carrying is his.

~~~

Toward the end of our senior year in high school, we were required to take a CPR course.

The classes used the well known mannequin victim, Resusci-Annie, to practice.  Typical of most models, this Resusci-Annie was only a torso, to allow for storage in a carrying case.

The class went off in groups to practice.

As instructed, one of my classmates gently shook the doll and asked,

"Are you all right?"  He then put his ear over the mannequin's mouth to listen for breathing.

Suddenly he turned to the instructor and exclaimed,

"She said she can't feel her legs!"

~~~

There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 AM... It could be a right number.

~~~

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”

“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”

Dr. Seuss

~~~

Stay well, do good work, and have fun.

Ray Mitchell

Indianapolis, Indiana

Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.

Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at rayk...@gmail.com. Back issues are posted at http://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.

1

image002.jpg