centrism and trans people

RedHairs

Jun 21, 2024, 3:32:33 PMJun 21
to Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community

I'm a trans woman, living in the stealth. I transitioned in 2000s, because wanted to escape gender dysphoria. And because I'm passing, I usually pretend, in real life, that I'm just straight, biological female.

I found, that trans acceptance among intellectual people, was much better in 2000s, and 2010s. I think, woke activists created a backlash, a huge wave of hate. We should stay in the shadow.

Another big mistake was made, what woke activists, cancel "gatekeeping": basically, in 1970-~2015 medicine used transition to help people with gender dysphoria (transsexuals and intersex people) deal with it. And it really helps, proofs: https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/%20what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-well-being-of-transgender-people%20/#againsttopic

But later, under pressure of woke activists, we canceled "gatekeeping". Now everybody can transition, if self-identificate this way. You no longer need to have gender dysphoria diagnosis.

As a result, a lot of ppl without gender dysphoria started their transition. Example: so-called "incels" doing male to female transition, to present theirself as lesbians, to get sex, or females, who want to be special, and present themself as trans guys.

I believe, as result, the amount of detransitioners increased.

And now we have a big backlash. I tried to speak about my own marriage and domestic violence in it on a popular forum (TAM), but found, that about everybody hates me there because I'm trans, or just silent, when haters bulling me - I was stupid enough, to tell about it - I think, if I tell about my life issues as fake biological female, I think, It could be much better discussion.

I think, trans people, who transitioned because of gender dysphoria, now under cross-fire between alt-right/maga fraction and woke people, and woke people take us as hostages.

I'm political centrist. And strongly against dictatorship of any kind, I endorse science, and culture of discussions. And what I see, is terrifying me. I feel like, the massacre incoming: that our an existence will be banned soon, and I'll end in the camp of conversion therapy. Or even in the death camp.

Is it possible, if any of the centrist political movement, can provide that part of transgender people - who transitioned because we had gender dysphoria - a platform to speak? We call ourself transmedicalists. Mainstream transgender groups leans in the far left part of political spectrum. You can easily be banned there for even mention of transmedicalism. Also, mainstream transgender subs today are mostly looking in things, like "fight patriarchy", "abolish gender", etc. Community itself is very toxic for anybody who is not far left on a cultural axe, is a classic example of echo chamber and live in illusions about the world, and how it works. Example: "Queers for Palestine", despite fact, that HAMAS could just kill these queers, if they ever visit GAZA.

Both of groups of extremists - woke and maga - hate us, and want us to pretend, were're not real.

For both of them it's very convenient, to pretend, that trans means just self-identification. And nothing about medical condition - gender dysphoria, and medical transition as result.

And we just want to live our lives. And nobody care about it.

Ernest Home

Jun 21, 2024, 3:41:55 PMJun 21
to Centroids Discussions
Thank you for sharing.  I am sorry for your pain and the rejection you are facing.

I must confess that this group has a wide range of perspectives on social and gender issues, and may not be the solution you were hoping for.

That said, I do think there is a centrist perspective that tries to meet people where they are at, and not get locked into ideological labels.
I would hope we can find a way to make that a viable alternative.

Best wishes,
— Ernie P.

Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community <Radical...@googlegroups.com>
Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/RadicalCentrism