Platform — Forward Party

Centroids

Oct 9, 2021, 6:41:57 PM10/9/21
to Centroids Discussions

Very thoughtful. A bit technocratic, but both radical and centrist…

Platform — Forward Party
https://www.forwardparty.com/platform
(via Instapaper)

American Scorecard

Measure economic prosperity using a wider index that measures human as well as monetary indicators.

Learn more here

Term Limits

Support a constitutional amendment that would limit individuals to a maximum of 18 years in each chamber of Congress.

Learn more here

Ranked Choice Voting

Adopt ranked-choice voting systems for all elections that better captures the will of the majority of voters.

Learn more here

Open Primaries

Adopt open primary systems so that more people can participate in selecting the eventual general election candidates and thus have a voice in our country's leadership.

Learn more here

Independent Redistricting Commissions

Voters should be choosing their representatives rather than representatives choosing their voters.

Learn more here

Data as a Property Right

Enhance the ability of individuals to keep their privacy intact and their autonomy while using modern devices and the internet.

Learn more here

Stop the DC Revolving Door

Limit the ability of elected officials and regulators to move immediately into lucrative positions that give them a motive to fail to properly regulate an industry while in the public service.

Learn more here

Citizen's Portal

A Citizen's Portal would enable the government to better serve its people, providing information and services directly to everyone.

Learn more here

Department Of Technology

Revive the Office of Technology Assessment and separately create a Department of Technology within the Executive Branch to better equip our elected officials with the expertise needed to regulate emerging technologies.

Learn more here

Automatic Tax Filing

Make taxes as simple and streamlined as possible, ensuring that people get their refunds in a timely manner and don't need to spend hours and money to go through the current process.

Learn more here

Democracy Dollars

Fight the influence of mega-donors in our elections and allow the voice of the people to be amplified by providing every American voter with $100 Democracy Dollars for each federal- and state-level election cycle

Learn more here

American Exchange Program

Initiate the American Exchange Program as part of our public education system to foster civic engagement while introducing young Americans to fellow peers they would otherwise never have the opportunity to meet.

Learn more here

Civic Juries

Convene “civic juries” made up of representative groups of Americans to deliberate on key issues and legislation.

Learn more here

Accessible and Secure Voting

Voting is time consuming and seemingly set up to disenfranchise large swaths of voters, which is why turnout even in presidential elections lags behind many other countries. We can restore confidence and engagement in the democratic process by making voting easier and more secure.

Learn more here

Sent from my iPhone