Fwd: Underwater RTIs? (from Taylor Bennett)

Dennis Piechota

Mar 27, 2013, 7:07:32 PM3/27/13
to RTI_...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
My apologies to Taylor and group members. Taylor cc.ed me on this and the next post to the group. Since I received it (as a cc.) I thought we all had it so I deleted it from RTI_help before it was distributed! Taylor raises a good question in addition to UW topic.

Speaking of UW RTIs: My difficulty in promoting them has been how to convey the idea and potential of the RTI to the oceanographically empowered community BEFORE their eyes glaze over! It's a long way from sending them to the Antikythera mechanism or cuneiform interactive websites and saying now imagine THAT on the seafloor... as video! All my UW people are method oriented and want to know how to integrate this new application to existing image capture methods knowing that every additional computational capacity tends to place pressure on the existing. At that point I get lost in post-processing and realtime application questions and... we go on to discussing the next new thing.

Dennis