Wishlist

Dennis Piechota

Apr 11, 2013, 12:21:28 PM4/11/13
to RTI_...@googlegroups.com
If I were making an RTI wishlist one of my top items would be a way to send an RTI as a self-running interactive email attachment (not a link to a video demonstration), where we could make the point that it is (or will be) as easy as sharing and viewing a JPEG.

It would go a long way to overcoming the techno-hurdle that confines this technology to those of us who are either imaginatively or technologically enhanced.

It wouldn't hurt with fund-raising either.

Dennis

Dennis Piechota
Archaeological Conservator
Fiske Center for Archaeological Research
UMass Boston
Office: 617-287-6829

XRF Group Co-admin
RTI Group Co-admin

Earl G.P.

Apr 11, 2013, 1:01:48 PM4/11/13
to <rti_help@googlegroups.com>
One of the aims of our AHRC RTI project is to facilitate much easier sharing of RTI data, and also the annotations associated with them. I would suggest sending a link rather than a file though. One could envisage sending a link that was associated with a low resolution RTI preview file and the associated annotations. All the best. Graeme

On 11 Apr 2013, at 18:24, "Dennis Piechota" <dennis....@umb.edu<mailto:dennis....@umb.edu>> wrote:

If I were making an RTI wishlist one of my top items would be a way to send an RTI as a self-running interactive email attachment (not a link to a video demonstration), where we could make the point that it is (or will be) as easy as sharing and viewing a JPEG.

It would go a long way to overcoming the techno-hurdle that confines this technology to those of us who are either imaginatively or technologically enhanced.

It wouldn't hurt with fund-raising either.

Dennis

Dennis Piechota
Archaeological Conservator
Fiske Center for Archaeological Research
UMass Boston
Office: 617-287-6829<tel:617-287-6829>

XRF Group Co-admin
pXRF for Cultural Heritage<http://groups.google.com/group/pxrf>
RTI Group Co-admin
RTI_help<http://groups.google.com/group/rti_help/>

--
Group website is: https://sites.google.com/site/buildrtis/
---

Moshe

Apr 11, 2013, 12:58:52 PM4/11/13
to rti_...@googlegroups.com, RTI_...@googlegroups.com
Yes.
To this I would add the possibility of displaying RTI on an iPad and other tablet devices. The tactile nature of these devices seems a natural interface  for display.

Moshe Caine

Sent from my iPhone
--
Group website is: https://sites.google.com/site/buildrtis/
---

Earl G.P.

Apr 11, 2013, 1:33:44 PM4/11/13
to <rti_help@googlegroups.com>
Hi Moshe

Our grant has iPad support built in as an output, including driving the light orientation via the gyroscope. The lack of webgl support continues to be an issue however but we are looking at options. Any suggestions for kinds of tablet interaction that would be desirable for an RTI viewer would be cool.

Cheers. Graeme

On 11 באפר 2013, at 19:21, Dennis Piechota <dennis....@umb.edu<mailto:dennis....@umb.edu>> wrote:

[...]

Dennis Piechota

Apr 11, 2013, 2:47:05 PM4/11/13
to rti_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graeme,
Sending a link rather than a large file makes sense in several ways but it won't imho help with mainlining the new technology ie making it seem familiar or similar to our current conventional imaging options where we routinely choose one or the other way to share.

Google now allows 25 Mb email attachments and useable ptms can be small eg 5 Mb. So we have some elbow room to integrate a small viewer app into each image, perhaps as an optional step during processing.