Virginia Telephone Museum

1 view

Tobias O'Leary

Jan 24, 2014, 12:28:55 PM1/24/14
to rs...@googlegroups.com
Hey RSCG,

I'm attempting to get a group together to go to the Virginia Telephone Museum, it's on Downtown at 713 E Grace Street, next to the Capitol.
It's free but they only open by appointment, I've schedule a visit for Saturday, February 8th at 12:30 PM.

The plan is to have lunch with the guide at a place in walking distance to the Museum and amble to the Museum afterwards.

Here's a highlight from the conversation I've had with Curtis, a curator.

We focus on the history of the telephone including developments in communications and the people involved in the communications industry up to and including optic fiber.

You as a programmer will enjoy hearing about relay logic and metal punched photo card readers.  We have drawings you may also like to see.  The nice thing about the old equipment is you can see how it works, not like looking today at a chip!

-Tobias