Richmond Startup Weekend – 7/26 - 7/29

Al Tenhundfeld

Jul 13, 2013, 10:28:54 AM7/13/13
to Al Tenhundfeld
Hi folks,

I want to draw your attention to the RVA Startup Weekend (*) coming up on July 26th. I encourage you to check it out.

I have attended all of the Startup Weekends in central Virginia, and each one has been a fantastic, valuable experience. It's ostensibly about trying to found a startup in a weekend, but for me, the best part is meeting so many passionate people outside of my normal circles. It's also a great event if you're a freelancer looking to get your name out or you're looking to make connections to the local angel funding networks.

A few of you have already signed up, which is awesome. I'll be there as a volunteer organizer, and Ben Taitelbaum and Jeff Rock will be there as coaches. What I'm trying to say is that all of the cool kids are doing it, and you should too. :)

They are especially looking for designers, but there's still room for developers and non-technical entrepreneurs.

Thanks,
Al

* If you're not familiar with Startup Weekend, it's a global organization, backed by the Kauffman Foundation, with the mission of promoting entrepreneurship. They run events called Startup Weekends, where ~100 people come together for the sole purpose of building a startup in a weekend. They split into teams around ideas, work frenetically for 54 hours, and then judges award non-monetary prizes to the top teams. It's a really fun event, pulling together passionate software developers, graphic designers, and business folks from the region.