HOW TO LOVE IN SANSKRIT

Manish Modi

Feb 13, 2024, 4:04:57 PMFeb 13
to ROZ EK SHER, JAIN CLASS

HOW TO LOVE IN SANSKRIT
Selected Verses in Sanskrit, Prakrit and Apabhramsha
Translated Beautifully into English
Edited and Translated by Anusha Rao & Suhas Mahesh
2024   20.5 x 13.5 cm   218 pages   Hardcover   0.4 kilos
₹ 599

Poetry is the earliest form of communication devised by humans. Throughout the ages, each civilisation, each nation, and each culture has devised its language to understand and to communicate. Language is the key to understanding the people who speak, read, revere, and worship it.

Now relegated to the sidelines in the craze for English medium education and the political expediency of regionalism and linguistic chauvinism, Sanskrit was for so long the lingua franca of India’s elite classes and remains a key tool to understanding India as it was, as it is and as it shall forever be.

The dynamic and scholarly duo of Dr Suhas Mahesh & Dr Anusha Rao teach at the University of Toronto. This is their first major work in Sanskrit! In this carefully curated book, they have selected the 200 most beautiful and profoundly romantic poems in Sanskrit, Prakrit and Apabhramsha and translated them into English.

This collection of verses has been arranged subject-wise and printed in a beautifully laid-out book. The accuracy of the English translation and the deft touch of the author duo ensures that the book is fun to read! Even its footnotes contain gems. The book is most certainly a gift to cherish.

It is poetic justice that a book on love in all its shades has been released today, on 14 February 2024.

We are proud to make this brilliant work available at our bookstore and through mail order! We ship books worldwide and accept IMPS, NEFT, UPI, Visa and MasterCard payments.

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY