ENGLISH - SANSKRIT DICTIONARY

Manish Modi

Apr 26, 2024, 3:12:21 AMApr 26
to ROZ EK SHER

ENGLISH - SANSKRIT DICTIONARY

Comprising The Millenarian Linguistic Heritage Of Sanskrit From The Ṛgveda To The 18th Century
Lexicographer

Prof Raghu Vira

Editors

Lokesh Chandra & Shashibala

2021-2024   28 x 22 cm   3301 pages   12.5 kilos

Set of 8 books

₹ 15200

Introduction

Embark on a journey into a vast reservoir of knowledge with our exceptional dictionary, meticulously curated to encompass English equivalents of Sanskrit terms spanning from the earliest Vedic texts to compositions as recent as the 18th century CE.

Background
The monumental task of enhancing the terminological landscape of modern India falls upon a select few with the requisite expertise and unwavering dedication. Among them stood the esteemed scholar, Prof Raghu Vira.

Description
We are delighted to introduce the foremost comprehensive English-Sanskrit Dictionary of Sanskrit equivalents to English words. Encompassing the entire linguistic heritage of Sanskrit from the Vedas to contemporary times, it scrupulously incorporates the roots of all dhātu pāṭhas, ensuring accessibility to the extensive lexicon of Sanskrit for English readers.

This monumental lexicon includes every term featured in Sir Monier Monier-Williams' renowned dictionary. With an exhaustive array of Sanskrit nouns, verbs, and adjectives corresponding to every English word, it serves as the foundational resource for creating new words in Indian languages.

This work embodies the realisation of Prof Raghu Vira’s vision to establish an Indian terminology of a million words, rooted in the linguistic foundations of Sanskrit, Prakrit, Pali, and Apabhramsha. To illustrate the extent of this endeavour, the lexicographer's scriptoria of word indices comprised millions of cards.

Gratitude
We extend our sincere appreciation for the exceptional scholarship and unwavering commitment of Prof Raghu Vira, whose distinguished work shall empower Indian languages amidst the relentless dominance of English. We also express our gratitude to the esteemed editors, Dr Lokesh Chandra and Dr Shashibala, for ensuring the publication of this work in its magnificent form.

Who should buy this book
Language enthusiasts, scholars and students of Sanskrit, linguists, translators, scriptwriters, college and university libraries, jñāna bhaṇḍāras, temple libraries, and public libraries are urged to procure this dictionary and utilise it to enrich their understanding and communication skills.

Ordering this book
We take great pride in presenting this indispensable resource, now available at our bookstore and through convenient mail-order services. We offer worldwide shipping and seamless payment options including UPI, IMPS, NEFT, RTGS, Visa, and MasterCard.

To place an order, kindly email us, message us on WhatsApp, or call us at +91 98208 96128.

Warmest regards,
Manish Yashodhar Modi

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY

Distinguished Publishers Since 1912