Brill's Encyclopedia of Buddhism

Manish Modi

Nov 19, 2020, 3:09:59 AM11/19/20
to JAIN CLASS, ROZ EK SHER

BRILL'S ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BUDDHISM

Editor-in-Chief: Jonathan A. Silk
General Editors
Richard Bowring, Vincent Eltschinger
2015-2019    27 x 18 cm    2402 pages    Hardback    4 kilos
Set of 2 books

₹ 58,500  (€664 / $835}

Salient features of this Encyclopedia
This is the first comprehensive academic reference work devoted to the plurality of Buddhist traditions across Asia, offering readers a balanced and detailed treatment of this complex phenomenon

It aims at a balanced and even-handed view of Buddhism.

It explicitly adopts an interdisciplinary and pluralistic approach.

It shall be completed in six thematically arranged volumes:

Titles of the six volumes:
1. Literature and Languages
2. Lives
3. Thought
4. History
5. Life and Practice
6. Index and remaining issues

Each volume contains substantial original essays by many of the world’s foremost scholars, essays which not only cover basic information and well-known issues but which also venture into areas as yet untouched by modern scholarship.

This Encyclopedia is an essential tool for anyone interested in Buddhism.

_____

GREAT NEWS!

This monumental publication is available at our bookstore and through mail order at a very special discount.

We ship books all over the world and accept payments by IMPS, NEFT, Paytm, Visa and MasterCard.

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY