JAINA TEMPLE ARCHITECTURE IN INDIA

Manish Modi

Nov 20, 2023, 4:20:31 AM11/20/23
to JAIN CLASS, ROZ EK SHER

JAINA TEMPLE ARCHITECTURE IN INDIA

The Development of a Distinct Language in Space and Ritual

By Professor Dr Julia A.B. Hegewald

2019   31.5 x 24 cm   693 art plates in full-colour   Hardcover   4 kilos

ISBN 978-81-88769-71-1

₹ 9000

Click here for a 3D model of the book
https://reark.com/hindigranthkaryalay

Jaina Temple Architecture in India is the first comprehensive study of the development and uniqueness of Jain temples in India.

Why you should buy a copy
1. The book covers the oldest Jain temples, built centuries Before the Common Era, right up to temples built today
2. Studies Jain temples and caves in all regions of the Indian subcontinent
3. Impartially studies the temples and sacred spaces of both sects
4. Identifies a distinct approach to the shaping of ritual space in Jain temples which involves complex layouts on many vertical levels
5. Explains the interconnected sanctums found in Jain temples on various horizontal levels

6. Accommodates the sacred objects that mirror specific Jain ritual needs and patterns of worship
7. Examines the imaginative conversion of Jain mythological and cosmological concepts into iconography, sculpture and architecture
8. Richly illustrated with 966 colour photographs and 366 maps & drawings
9. World-class publication with best-quality printing and binding

About the author

Dr Julia A. B. Hegewald is a Professor of Oriental Art History at the University of Bonn in Germany. She spent 18 years in India researching and personally photographing the country's most outstanding and beautiful Jain temples and places of worship like Shikharji, Shravanabelagola, Girnarji, Mount Abu, Ranakpur, Shatrunjaya, Tarangaji, etc. in order to write this book and was awarded a PhD for it, by the University of London.

We are honoured to publish this magnum opus. It is one of the most outstanding books we have published in 111 years of distinguished publishing. It is available at our bookstore and through mail order. We ship books worldwide and accept payment by IMPS, NEFT, Paytm, UPI, Visa and MasterCard.

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY